Feb 12, 2015
Our homes should be places of comfort, relaxation and memories. That’s why it is important to protect your homes from dangers such as fires, theft and one people too often overlook: carbon monoxide (CO).
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that is produced when fuels such as wood, oil, natural gas and propane are not efficiently burned. Carbon monoxide can be produced by your household equipment such as generators, lawn mowers, barbeques and your furnace.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that each year, 170 people in the United States are killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in their homes. These deaths can be caused when equipment malfunctions or when the products are used in areas that are not properly ventilated, such as a closed room.
The Center for Disease Control lists the common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning as headache, dizziness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion.
The good news about all this is that protecting your family from CO poisoning is relatively simple.
Follow these tips for Carbon Monoxide poisoning prevention:
Even a single carbon monoxide detector in your home could save lives. If you rent a home or apartment that does not currently have a carbon monoxide detector, ask your landlord to provide one. Many states require that homes have them installed. Review your state laws here.
If you have questions about your home, auto or business insurance, call the insurance agents at City Insurance Center in Lynnwood, WA. Because they’re a local insurance agency, they live where you do and understand the unique options you have in the Lynnwood, Shoreline, Mountlake Terrace and Edmonds area for insurance. With years of insurance experience they can easily help you insure everything from your home to your auto or business Insurance. Because they’re an independent insurance agent, they can help you find the right company to fit your needs. You can also check out their website, 24/7.
City Insurance office4610 200th St SW Suite C